The Standards Commission for Scotland works with a variety of Stakeholder Bodies and Equivalent Organisations
The menu to the left provides fast access to some areas of our work, and we provide below further information on how we work with key stakeholders to help maintain high ethical standards in public life.
Working with Local Authority Monitoring Officers and Standards Officers of Devolved Public Bodies in Scotland
The Standards Commission recently asked Monitoring Officers of Local Authorities and Standards Officers of Devolved Public Bodies to give us their views on topics including the ethical standards framework in Scotland, the Standards Commission's guidance, training, and the Standards Commission's Hearings. We are grateful to the Monitoring Officers and Standards Officers who took the time to share their views.
We have now analysed the results of the survey and a summary can be found by clicking here .
Actions already planned or following consideration of the survey results include:
- We are intending to review and redesign our website to make it more accessible and user friendly
- We plan to hold an event for Monitoring Officers during the year
- We plan to hold an event for Standards Officers during the year
- We plan to make case studies available on our website
- We issued revised Guidance on the Model Code of Conduct
- We plan to issue revised Guidance on the Councillors' Code of Conduct
Working with Local Authorities and Councillors, and Devolved Public Bodies and their Board Members
In the menu selection "Which bodies Have Codes?" you will find links to local authorities and public bodies covered by the Ethical Standards in Public Life etc. (Scotland) Act 2000 and information relating to their Codes and Registers of Interests.