If you would like to make an enquiry, you can use our online form by clicking here. If you would rather view our full contact information, this can be found at the bottom right of each page of this website.
Welcome to our press page. Here you will find links to information you may find helpful in respect of our work and our Members.
What we can help you with?
You may find these quick links helpful:
- who are our Members
- a case which has been scheduled for Hearing
- decisions following Hearings which have already taken place
- guidance issued for the Councillors' Code of Conduct
- guidance issued for the Model Code upon which NDPB Codes are based
- the Ethical Standards Framework and the Acts and Codes which form it
- our Annual Reports, Accounts and Audit Information
- Minutes of our Meetings
If you cannot find exactly what you are looking for, you can get in touch by using our Enquiries form, located on the left of this page, or by writing to, calling or e-mailing us, using the information provided below:
The Standards Commission for Scotland
Room T2.21, Scottish Parliament
Tel: 0131 348 6666
Fax: 0131 557 9243
What are we not able to help with?
- we are not able to begin an investigation into a councillor or member of an NDPB, or advise how an existing investigation is progressing - this is the remit of a separate organisation called the Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland. Further information about what they do can be found by clicking here.
- we are unable to process requests for changes to be made to the Codes of Conduct, or provide information on the background decisions on what has or has not been included within the Codes. The Codes are produced by the Scottish Government on behalf of the Scottish Ministers and as such requests of this nature must be made to the Scottish Government.
If you wish to make a complaint about a Local Authority councillor or a member of the Board of Management of a devolved public body, or just want to know more about the kinds of issues can be considered, please click the button below. Please note that this link will take you to the home page of the Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland.